Farm: Rio Arriba
Farmer: Juan Diego De La Cerda / Cercol, S. A.
Rio Arriba is located in Palencia, Guatemala . Around 50km from Guatemala City. The farm has a total area of 100 hectares, only 40 hectares are cultivated with coffee; the other 60 hectares of the farm are cultivated with a natural forest of pine, cypress and oak.
The coffee plantation was stablished among the 2004 and 2008. The varieties of coffee that can be found at Rio Arriba are Caturra and Bourbón. The shadow for those varieties are trees that grown in the zone, it helps us to maintain the biodiversity, at the same time, this shadow creates a very particular microclimate. The temperature is 24° and the annual precipitation is about 1,800mm. The harvest season is from January to April and the annual production of the farm is 500qq parchment coffee.
- Location: Palencia, Guatemala
- Area: 100 ha.
- Altitude Range: 5800 – 6500 feet.
- Type of Soil: Loamy-Clay
- Shade Trees: Native Trees
- Climatic Characteristics
- Average Temperature: 22°C
- Annual Rainfall: 1800 mm
- Relative Humidity: 70%
- Coffee Production Characteristics
- Harvest Season: From January to April
- Drying Process: Sun
- Annual Production: 100 (69 kg bags)
- Web Site: www.dlcoffee.com
- E-mail: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Telephone: (+502) 5306-8984 / 5306-2528 / 2337-1495 / 2333-3875
|Farm Name||Rio Arriba|
|Size (30kg boxes)||46|
|Aroma/Flavor||Candy, dark chocolate, floral|
|Acidity||Bright, malic, citric|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||3031.1|
|High bidders||TOA COFFEE Co.,Ltd & ARAB COFFEE Co.,Ltd|