Farm: La Colina
Farmer: Emilio Antonio Medina García
The farm has belonged to three generations, I which has produced grains such as: corn, and beans.
Ten years ago we planted coffee, actually we have 35 acres of coffee plantation, thirty percent in our land we have forests and different types of trees (oaks, pines and cypress) the farm also has many water streams which we use to irrigate our crops thru gravity up to eighty percent.
- Location: San Martín Jilotepeque, Chimaltenango
- Altitude Range: 5, 500 feet (1, 700 meters)
- Climatic Characteristics
- Weather: Cool Weather
- Coffee Production Characteristics
- Harvest Season: From January to April
- Drying Process: Humidity process of other farm (La Merced)
- Annual Production: 300 pounds (69 kg bags)
- Technical Information:
- Our farm produces more or less one thousands of ripe coffee.
- Our lands are clayed; we make studies and analysis from our farmlands so we can have a correct fertilization. Emilio Antonio Medina Garcia is the person in charge of this task.
- Additional information that makes our farm outstanding:
- Plenty of water.
- We use selective seed for our crops
|Farm Name||La Colina|
|Farmer/Rep.||Emilio Antonio Medina Garcia|
|Size (30kg boxes)||37|
|City||San Martin Jilotepeque|
|Aroma/Flavor||Floral, honey, caramel|
|Other||Round body, silky|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||2419.66|
|High bidders||Kyokuto Fadie Corporation|